About Metal Roofing In South Bend, Indiana
There are so many options out there when it comes to building, remodeling or repairing a home. Due to this, there will be a multitude of products on the market; and the exponential choices can make it a little tricky to decide which route to take. That's where South Bend Metal Roofers in South Bend, Indiana comes in! Our experienced team of roofers will be able to help you define exactly what you need and want in a new roof. But first, it's important to know some pros and cons to working with a these materials.
To begin, let's touch on some of the aspects of metal roofing that can benefit you, the homeowner:
1. Expected life. When installed properly, a metal roof should last as long as the house is standing (if not longer). This is due to the roof sealing out water, sustaining high winds, and easily shedding the latest snowfall. It should also be noted that this option is resistant to fire, mildew, insects, and rot. And with the addition of a paint finish on your roof, there can be an extension of warranty.
2. Weight. Though metal roofing weighs in at 50-150 pounds per square foot, other options such as tile or concrete tip the scale at 750-900 pounds per square foot. This is why these roofing materials can be the better option, as there would not be any wear due to weight on the roof and it's frame.
3. Speed and ease of roofing installation. Due to the size of metal roofing materials, an accomplished contractor can install these rather quickly and simply. It should also be noted that since the materials are light-weight you can eliminate some costs on construction .
4. Minimal roof pitch. For the most part, metal roofing materials are able to be installed on slightly pitched roofs without possessing any leaking potential. This also means a roof such as this boasts maximum shedding of snow and water, which also prevents leakage.
Though there are only a few, here are some minor drawbacks to metal roofing:
1. Cost. The biggest issue many will face is the cost of erecting a roof such as this. However, it should be noted that the longevity of the materials does end up making it the most cost-effective option in the end. And if cost is something you are concerned about, the staff at South Bend Metal Roofers will go over costs with you and decide what the best course of action should be.